Sunday, February 8, 2009

Clif Carrot Cake Bar Bonanza

Clif bars have been a big buzz around the blogging world lately, so when our campus store got some in, I made sure to buy em' up! For starters I got a Carrot Cake flavor and the Oatmeal Raisin Walnut. I decided to dive into the Carrot Cake one first, just because it fit in with the theme of my "orange lunch"; pumpkin, carrots, etc. anyone? The meal just screamed major source of beta-carotene, which we all know is good for your eyes =) Anyway, I wasn't sure what to expect from these Clif bars, especially since I am so fussy when it comes to snack bars in general. So did Clif Carrot Cake pass my test?

Report Card:

Taste-B+

Texture-B

Nutrition-A-

Fullness Factor(how long did it stay in my tummy)-A

Overall grade- A-

Why I graded the way I did:

First off, when I opened the package, it was big! And I immediately smelled the aroma of spice, which was great! The texture was a bit sticky for me, and a little tooo chewy for my likes. But the taste of this gem totally made up for the texture. It was spicy, sweet, and flavorful all in one bite. This bar boasts 5 grams of fiber and 10 grams of protein so I knew right away it would keep my stomach from grumbling for quite some time, about 3 hours to be exact. Not exactly like a slice of carrot cake, but pretty darn close & it's healthy so I will take it!

I want to try their Banana Nut Bread and Iced Gingerbread next... So until then, Clif--you just made a spot in my snack drawer!

No comments: