We definitely had a white Thanksgiving this year. This time last year, we didn’t have any snow yet, so I have a feeling this winter is going to be quite white.
It was a busy day of prep in the kitchen. Obviously somebody didn’t want to partake in helping, but instead needed a few more hours of beauty sleep. ^^
And dad decided to stay out of the kitchen and instead worked in his workshop all morning.
I always love cooking in the kitchen I grew up in. It’s where my love of all things food began!
- Krusteaz Dinner Rolls
- Mini Cherry Cheesecake Pies (recipe below)
Ingredients for the Lean Green Bean Casserole
Homemade mashed potatoes. This is the recipe I used, but instead of using red potatoes this time, I opted for Yukon Gold’s.
And may I present to you the greatest turkey recipe that has ever existed…
My grandpa made this recipe per my request and everyone agreed this is our family’s new go-to turkey!
My plate minus a garden salad!!!
And save the best for last…
Mini Cherry Cheesecake Pies
- 1 package of Keebler mini pie crusts (6 pack)
- 1-8oz block of cream cheese, I used fat-free
- 2 cups milk, skim works perfect
- 1 (4 serving) cheesecake pudding, I used sugar free
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in 1/2 c milk and pudding mix—beat until well combined and not lumpy.
- Add in remaining milk.
- Spoon into mini pie crusts, top with cherry pie filling, about 3 Tbsp each.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
This is my last week of my fall semester as a Junior in college—so bear with me and the sporadic posts due to the fact that I am buried in homework up to my ears!!! :-/
Do you have your Christmas menu planned??