Monday, March 16, 2009

Good for You Goodies Kickoff: SweetRiot

I've been gearing up for my first big blog feature for about two months now, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed putting it together! Not really sure how long the feature will run, probably about a month. Monday-Fridays I will be chewin' to review, and the weekends I will mix it up a little. So sit back, relax, and enjoy all the Good for you Goodies.

The Good for you Goodie: 3 flavors of yummy chocolate-covered cacao

The Company:SweetRiot

My Chew Review: What initially attracted me to this website was that they used all-natural healthy ingredients and chocolate in the same sentence! I am not the biggest die-hard chocolate fan out there, I would truthfully rather have a fresh fruit platter than something like a Snicker's bar, but these seemed to be calling my name. I was so excited to recieve 3 tins of the chocolate-covered cacao "peaces". These tins are also a treat--they are decorated by artists that submit their artwork and you can even submit yours on their website! How cool right?! I also really liked the size of the tin because it's perfect for easy carrying in my purse. Once the tin is empty, SweetRiot provides different ways to reuse it such as for: vitamins, bandaids, bobby pins, jewelery, gadget cables, etc. Talk about reduce, reuse, and recycle; thumbs up for that! Now onto the chew--I will start with the tin of Flavor 50, roasted Cacao Nibs covered in 50% dark chocolate. When I opened the tin, I could immediately smell a chocolately aroma, which made me pour out a couple more than just one =) First thought? Yum! It reminded me of a chocolate covered rice krispie textured morsel. This flavor is definitely for the milk chocolate fans (myself included) because it has a much lighter chocolate taste then the next two contestants. Flavor 65 is roasted Cacao Nibs covered in 65% dark chocolate. The 15% chocolate boost was definitely noticeable; these are for the devote chocolate fans who really like the more "raw" chocolate taste. Now I thought Flavor 70 would be too much chocolate for me to handle, but when I checked out the tin I noticed this flavor contained a hint of espresso! The espresso balanced out the 70% dark chocolate taste perfectly!

Overall Opinion: Not only is the company really cool, but they just scored a new customer--me! I love that they're perfectly easy to bring along, and they're the perfect chocolate craving buster. Make sure to check out their website(the link is above)to see all the other things they have to offer. p.s. I heard these little gems are making their way around with some Hollywood stars too. Cooool!

1 comment:

HEAB said...

Thanks for the review. I've only heard good things about Sweetriot, and I'm dying to try some of their products. Glad to hear you liked them. :)