Saturday, May 9, 2009

First At Home Eggcellent Meal =)

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”

How true is that right?! I think my first home cooked dinner would fit into the category of dining well! I have been brainstorming so many new recipes at college and have a whole notebook scribbled with my game plan. So I present to you my first “at home” feast. Bon appétit!

On the menu:

CIMG0152

I so wish I could suggest somewhere to buy this marbled rye bread, but unfortunately it is made by a local bakery in town. Isn’t it so pretty?! It did not disappoint!

CIMG0158

   I have reviewed the Imagine soup before, but the organic Tomato flavor still is my favorite. I highly suggest picking up a carton of this from your local store if your lucky enough to have it. This soup doesn’t come from a can, so it doesn’t have that odd can taste—instead it tastes like it was made fresh like 2 minutes before you ate it! My dad actually asked if I made it homemade. Nope, sorry dad, but just as good! I added a little pepper and parm seasoning to jazz it up a bit!

CIMG0154

This egg salad was phenomenal, not to toot my own horn or anything. =P It’s definitely not your typical egg salad, it’s a pumped up version that is so good, and so good for you!  

CIMG0159

    All together now---->

Keep scrolling for my recipe!

CIMG0157

Cassie’s Eggcellent Egg Salad

Ingredients:

*4 hard boiled eggs(2 with yokes removed and discarded)

*1/4 cup finely diced celery

*1/4 cup chopped canned asparagus

*1/4 cup light miracle whip

*1 1/2 tsp of Dijon mustard

*Splash of lemon juice ~1/2 TBSP

*Pepper, Dill Seasoning, and Sea Salt

Directions:

  • Hard-boil 4 eggs. Then chop 2 eggs with yokes included, then peel the other two eggs and carefully remove the yolk and discard. Throw all eggs together in bowl.
  • Chop celery and asparagus and add to eggs.
  • Add in miracle whip, mustard, lemon juice, and seasonings. Mix together and cover. Chill for about an hour, or you can eat it right away if you simply cannot wait! =)

Serve on your favorite hefty bread! Makes 4 sandwiches.

(please link back to me if you happen to use this! I would appreciate it!)

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

ahh girl i am just thrilled that you are home now so i can check out all of you amazing creations :) I LOVE egg salad and will certainly have to give this recipe a whirl ASAP!!