“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
How true is that right?! I think my first home cooked dinner would fit into the category of dining well! I have been brainstorming so many new recipes at college and have a whole notebook scribbled with my game plan. So I present to you my first “at home” feast. Bon appétit!
On the menu:
- My new eggcellent egg salad(recipe below) on stunning marbled rye bread
- Bowl of Imagine organic tomato soup
- Some sweet potato and multigrain chips from Food Should Taste Good
I so wish I could suggest somewhere to buy this marbled rye bread, but unfortunately it is made by a local bakery in town. Isn’t it so pretty?! It did not disappoint!
I have reviewed the Imagine soup before, but the organic Tomato flavor still is my favorite. I highly suggest picking up a carton of this from your local store if your lucky enough to have it. This soup doesn’t come from a can, so it doesn’t have that odd can taste—instead it tastes like it was made fresh like 2 minutes before you ate it! My dad actually asked if I made it homemade. Nope, sorry dad, but just as good! I added a little pepper and parm seasoning to jazz it up a bit!
This egg salad was phenomenal, not to toot my own horn or anything. =P It’s definitely not your typical egg salad, it’s a pumped up version that is so good, and so good for you!
All together now---->
Keep scrolling for my recipe!
Cassie’s Eggcellent Egg Salad
*4 hard boiled eggs(2 with yokes removed and discarded)
*1/4 cup finely diced celery
*1/4 cup chopped canned asparagus
*1/4 cup light miracle whip
*1 1/2 tsp of Dijon mustard
*Splash of lemon juice ~1/2 TBSP
*Pepper, Dill Seasoning, and Sea Salt
- Hard-boil 4 eggs. Then chop 2 eggs with yokes included, then peel the other two eggs and carefully remove the yolk and discard. Throw all eggs together in bowl.
- Chop celery and asparagus and add to eggs.
- Add in miracle whip, mustard, lemon juice, and seasonings. Mix together and cover. Chill for about an hour, or you can eat it right away if you simply cannot wait! =)
Serve on your favorite hefty bread! Makes 4 sandwiches.
(please link back to me if you happen to use this! I would appreciate it!)