Hey everyone! Good news—First, it’s almost a holiday & I love holidays because that means a big excuse to bake themed goodies, and second, I baked something super cute & delivered it just in time for those of you who may be on the look out for a last minute Easter recipe. Enjoy & as always, have a great weekend. =)
- 1 box vanilla cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- + what is required on the box (in this case 3 eggs, 1 1/4 c water, and 1/3 c oil)
- 1 (3.4 oz) box of Banana Cream pudding mix
- 1 tub of Vanilla frosting
- 2 packages of Peeps Marshmallows. (12 Peeps each—24 total)
- 24 toothpicks
- Sprinkles if desired
- Preheat oven to amount stated on box. Meanwhile, mix all ingredients together required for cake mix and add in the whole package of pudding mix. Mix all together until well combined.
- Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners or grease well. Pour batter and fill cups about half way up, adding more afterwards if you have some leftover. (Remember you are making 24 cupcakes, so if you only have one 12 cup pan, you will need to put in another batch!)
- Put in the oven and cook according to the time stated on the box for cupcakes.
- Once they spring back to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, you can take em’ out.
- Let cool. While cooling, stick 1 toothpick into the center bottom of each Peep.
- Frost cupcakes generously and add sprinkles to match the Peeps.(I would have, but campus store was out of sprinkles unfortunately) Then stick a Peep into the middle of each one and prepare to get some, “Ohh cute!” or “These are so good!” comments from your spectators 8-)
Makes: 24 cupcakes