Friday, April 10, 2009

Good for You Goodies: Kay’s Naturals

Hello and happy finally Friday! As you may or may not have noticed I was “absent” from the blog world yesterday. I simply ran out of time and unfortunately 2 huge papers had to take priority over fun blogging—sad but true, and definitely not the way I would have it if it were up to me! =) So for today I saved another awesome company to share with y’all. I am going to split it into 2 days again because they so generously sent me an extreme amount of goodies and I would hate to overwhelm your senses! Ha ha. So if you like the looks of Part 1 make sure you stay tuned Monday for Part 2. Btw, have a wonderful weekend and a very Happy Easter filled with chocolate bunnies, fun-filled eggs, and of course a loving family!

Good for You Goodies: Cereal

The Company: Kay's Naturals

The Chew Review: You know the drill by now—check out the stash first!

CIMG0236 First off, I love the small single serve bags. Don’t you sometimes hate having a huge bag and then it takes longer to eat, therefore can get old and non-edible in the process? So I definitely was digging the smaller bag style! Second, I spotted 3 bags of cereal and I am a cereal addict so I was uber pumped! Plus it was protein cereal and I am always on the lookout to sneak in more protein since I don’t eat red meat, and not a lot of meat otherwise either, so relying on protein packed foods elsewhere is critical! Plus who doesn’t want to build some stellar muscles? HAHA! Anyway—here’s the low-down on the cereal!

  • Apple Cinnamon Cereal

CIMG0237

This cereal was good outstanding to say the least! I was expecting a possible weird aftertaste since that frequently accompanies protein packed things, but nope this had no icky taste, just sweet apple cinnamon goodness! It left a great taste in my soymilk afterwards too. And even better; real pieces of apple in there! Yup, no joke! This is like an amped of version of Apple Jacks cereal, but a much more natural taste. Check out the stats and I even happened to sneak in a little photo op before I gulped down my bowl!

CIMG0250

Apple Cinnamon Cereal is:

  • Serving size = 1-ounce / 28g
    Servings per container = 1
  • 100 calories per 1-ounce serving / 11 calories from fat
  • 1.5 grams of fat (low fat) / 2% DV
  • 0 saturated fat / 0 trans fats / 0 cholesterol / 0% DV
  • 140mg sodium / 6% DV
  • 15g carbohydrates per 1-ounce serving / 5% DV
  • 3g fiber per 1-ounce serving – a good source of fiber! / 12% DV
  • 3g Sugar
  • 9g lean soy protein* per 1-ounce serving = 32% PROTEIN!
  • Iron 8% DV / Calcium 4% DV / Vitamin A 0% DV / Vitamin C 0% DV
  • Gluten free
  • All natural ingredients
  • Delicious

 

  • French Vanilla Cereal

CIMG0238

Another great one, although this one was my least favorite out of the three. It just didn’t have that oomph of vanilla flavor I was looking for and it didn’t hold my taste buds interest for long. =( What I do like about all these cereals is they do some serious swelling in your milk which makes for a puffy fun party in your bowl! Btw, same stats as the Apple Cinnamon previously listed..and the next one has the same too!

  • Honey Almond Cereal

No picture just because I am sure you get the gist that these are reminiscent of Cheerios and a yellow color which isn’t too fun to look at time and time again. This one clocked in as my 2nd favorite. The honey and almond flavor blended nicely together and this one had a nice staying taste and I thought overall it was super satisfying!

So to leave you with a few last words, if you love Apple Cinnamon, head on over to Kay's Naturals and grab either 12 1-oz bags for $13 (they’re currently 28% off!), or buy a a 9.5 oz box—you get 6 for $30.

2 comments:

Zesty Cook said...

Thanks for the nice reviews! Very informative and I will have to try some new cereals :)

zesty

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a very informative post. Just wondering if you might want to check out the comments and reviews of consumers about Kays Naturals at the site i found. This site has been so informative for me, hope you check it out and find it the same way i do.

Regards,