Monday, April 27, 2009

Good for You Goodies: Brothers All Natural

Happy Monday evening all! Not really sure what good ol’ mother nature is going to dole out for us this week in northern MN as far as weather goes, but check out the glorious pics from the end of last week when we had high’s near 70!

                           Random shot of campus

CIMG0087 CIMG0090                                (My home above!)

Reportage

I hope wherever you are, you either had sunshine in the sky, or if not, you did something fun and/or relaxing inside!! I have 2 more assignments left for this week(which is the last week of the semester, not counting finals week)! So needless to say I am getting very antsy to get home and start cooking for everyone(and me!). I didn’t know it was possible to get sick of micro-waved food. Dorm people, can you relate?! Eek! Anyhow, at least I have a dorm that is still stocked up with goodies. I can’t be stingy, I have to share this find with you!

The Good for You Goodie: Variety of Dried Fruit

The Company: Brothers All Natural

The Chew Review: Okay, so by now I’m sure all my readers know I am a die hard fan for dried fruit. It’s convenient on the run, a great crunchy(but healthy!)snack, blah, blah, blah. I have already featured numerous dried fruit companies and varieties in the ongoing Good for You Goodies segment, but this was one that I had tried previously to receiving samples. My local Wal-Mart carried only the apple and pear crisps in the cute Disney themed bags. So one day I shot on over to the Brothers All Natural website and was excited to find that their line includes more than what was available to me. This was a story with a happy ending—the great peeps over at Brothers All Natural kindly agreed to donate a box of different flavors for me to chew and review! Clearly they were confident I would welcome other flavors in their line, and clearly they were right! =) A little about the company:

“We sourced fresh fruit and freeze-dried it into thin chip-like "crisps". As for our potato crisp, it took us four years of experimenting, trial and error to come up with what we think is the perfect potato chip. The crisps contain no fat, no preservatives, and are very low in calories. Additionally, many consumers are concerned about common food allergens, which is why Crisps are processed at a facility that does not manufacture any products containing nuts, dairy, soy or wheat.”

Pineapple Dried Fruit Crisps

CIMG0171

CIMG0170

This was by far my favorite! It made a great addition to vanilla yogurt for a great tropical treat! These were decent sized chunks and not too sweet or too bland—but rather a perfect pineapple in portable form! Check out nutrition stats here!

Strawberry Banana Fruit Crisps

CIMG0282

CIMG0283

Anything strawberry banana flavored is a welcomed snack in my book. Instead of taking time to peel a banana and wash/cut strawberries(hey when your on the run to class any time saved is valuable!), now I can just rip open a pouch of these and I’m good to go! Did I mention these are great as well?! Nutrition stats here!

They also included the Fuji Apple Crisps which are the ones I had previously tried—best dried apple crisp out there folks, no joke! I also sampled the Asian Pear Crisps, and they were good also even though I am not a fan of pears in the first place—they were still pleasant.

So overall, I had a overall awesome chew with the Brothers All Natural products. If you didn’t know about em’ before this post, be glad you now know! You can head on over to their website and build a 24-pack variety box for just $21.99 & free shipping! They also have White&Yellow Peach crisps as well as the world’s first natural fat free potato chip!

See ya sometime later in the week!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

ah i love freeze dried fruit - i may have to order me up some =) esp. since they've got that free shipping thaaaang going on! thanks for the info, girl <3

Laura said...

yummmm that dried fruit looks soo good (esp the pineapple) I too am counting down til the end of school... Im super pumped to graduate. Anyway thanks for the kind words before I really appreciate it since its been a little nutty recently. Enjoy the rest of your week girl :)