Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January Daring Bakers Challenge: Tuiles

Today marks the first Daring Baker's Challenge I took part in. I thought January would be a perfect time to embark on a new adventure, since the month is associated with new diets, new goals, etc. So one of my 'resolutions' was to be a little more daring with my cooking & baking experiences.
So when I recieved a membership email, I went straight to the site and checked out my first challege; it was tuile. I had to actually Google it, because sadly I had never heard of it!! After some Wikipedia and other research I headed back to the recipe and dreamed up my own cute tuile creation. [At least I thought so ha ha!]


This month's challenge is brought to us by ((Karen of Bake My Day)) and ((Zorra of 1x umruehren bitte aka Kochtopf)). They have chosen Tuiles from The Chocolate Book by Angélique Schmeink and Nougatine and Chocolate Tuiles from Michel Roux.

Of course there was a couple certain instuctions:

*We could use any kind of stencil, or make any size/shape tuile our heart desired.

*We had to pair it with something light--like a fruit, sorbet mousse, glazes, or dips.



[[Here's]]what I did.-->I used the recipe from "The Chocolate Book" and cut out circle stencils. Once my tuiles were baked, I rolled them up in a cone shape, and put together a filling of strawberry preserves mixed with a dollop of whip cream. These turned out to be a delicious and light treat! I am so glad I was introduced to tuiles; the possibilities are endless! =)


No comments: