Monday, December 29, 2008

To Die For Pie!

Sadly this year I didn't make it home for Thanksgiving due to weather, and just college in general. The first thing my mom told me when I called to see how the day was going, was that my grandma didn't buy a pumpkin pie, just apple! Now in our family we have some serious pumpkin pie addicts. So right away I knew I was going to have to make a homemade pumpkin pie for Christmas. I browsed all my cookbooks, but ended up resorting to the internet for a recipe as usual. That still left me with about 3 that I couldn't decide on. I knew I wanted an out-of-this-world pie that wouldn't be forgotten. I had my mind set on a double layered pie, and when I came across the 'Paradise Pumpkin Pie' on the Taste of Home website, that sealed the deal! I couldn't believe how easy this pie was to make. And it was out-of-this-world delicious, because it's already requested to have a scheduled appearance at our Christmas feast(and probably Thanksgiving also) in 2009! The only thing I did differently on the recipe, was to use a Keebler pre-baked graham cracker crust because they were on sale for $1 at the grocery store! You could use any kind your heart desires!

Click Here For The Recipe




No comments: