Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Look Back at My Past Thanksgiving Fun!

I think it is so crazy that once the holiday season starts, time seems
to fly even faster than usual! I did have a great Thanksgiving of 2008,
and I hope you did as well. Today I just wanted to share a really cute
Thanksgiving cookie I made! It is super easy, and a kid-friendly recipe.
I would recommend saving this recipe for Thanksgiving 2009! No one
will ever guess how easy it is, yet you will get plenty of ooh's and ahh's
My friend and I made them for all the girls on our college dorm floor.
Everyone loved how cute they were and said they tasted wonderful as well!
As you can tell I am back tracking into the fall, but Christmas cookies
will be on their way soon!!!

Peanut Butter Turkey Treats

1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix + 1 ingredients listed on package
1 container (12 oz) Whipped chocolate frosting
Candy corn
1 tube (4.25 oz) yellow decorating icing
Miniature candy-coated semisweet chocolate baking bits
1 tube (0.68 oz) black decorating gel


1.Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. On ungreased cookie sheets (I like to use tinfoil=easier cleanup!), drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
2.Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
3.Frost and decorate 1 cookie at a time. After spreading frosting on cookie, add candy corn for feathers. Pipe yellow icing for beak and feet. Add baking bits for eyes; pipe black gel for center of each eye.

4. Eat and Enjoy!!


No comments: