Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Nuts Over Nuts Nibbles =)

To me, peanut butter is an ultimate comfort food. It's creamy, dreamy, and not to mention loaded with protein to keep you full for a long time! So when I had a coupon for Betty Crocker PB Cookie Mix, I knew I didn't want the boring old criss-cross peanut butter cookies that they show on the package--my goal was to make something gourmet looking and even better tasting! First I decided instead of rolling in a ball, I would roll it into a log shape. Then armed with a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips and a cup of crushed unsalted peanuts, I went to work. I love when creations turn into masterpieces! These cookies definitely shined on my cookie platters.
Nuts Over Nuts Nibbles
Ingredients:
1 package of Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix + ingredients stated on package
1/3 C unsalted peanuts, crushed
1/3 C semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
Directions:
1]Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix cookie mix with ingredients stated on package. Take 1 Tbsp of dough and roll into a log shape, placing about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
2]Place in the oven for 11-13 minutes. Take out and let cool completely. While waiting to cool, crush the peanuts until they a ground up pretty fine.
3]Once cool, melt the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals in microwave safe bowl. Dip a log into the chocolate and then into the cup of crushed peanuts. Lay on wax paper for about 2 hours, or until chocolate has completely hardened.

No comments: