Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Cookie Countdown [Day 4]


Since I was feeling a bit ambitious today, and because I made a "baking" trip to Wal-Mart yesterday, I decided to share with you two festive cookies today. I also picked up mini holiday cookie cutters and they are so adorable! They are Wilton brand and were $2.76 for 6 of them. I think I have the perfect idea for what I am going to use them for. I also got about 5 different bags of chocolate chips, some assorted nuts, marshmallow creme, candied cherries, and some other goodies I need for the rest of my Christmas Cookie Countdown! We decided that we probably aren't going to be delivering our trays till next Friday(so after Christmas), just because things are kind of hectic around here with me coming home, my great grandma is going to be moving in with my grandma and grandpa, and just the general holiday bustle. So we decided on delivering after, that way people can have treats around the house for their New Year's celebrations, which I thought was clever. Either way, people never can not take a giant plate of cookies, right?! Now I am searching the internet high and low for a really good biscotti recipe to make. If you have one, please share!
So now to the best part--the cookies! These were based upon my need to use up things that I have before I went out and bought more. The first was an experiment. I had a 1/2 bag of perppermint chips and a bag of Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie mix, so as a result, the Peppermint Oatmeal Crunchies were born! (A little bit of a warning; the smell of these cookies is so great, people will automatically gravitate towards the kitchen!)
Peppermint Oatmeal Crunchies
Makes 3 dozen 2-inch cookies. Prep Time: 7 minutes. Bake Time: 9 minutes
Ingredients:
1 bag Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie mix+ingredients listed on mix
3/4 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch chips
Directions:
1)Preheat oven to 375 F
2)Mix together cookie mix and ingredients listed on package. Once well mixed, add in the 3/4 cup of peppermint chips.
3)Drop cookie dough by rounded Tbsp onto a ungreased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet covered in tinfoil/parchment paper.
4)Bake each batch for 9 to 11 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.

Hint of Mint Munchies

Makes 3 dozen 2-inch cookies

**The ingredients above are all you need to make these gourmet tasting cookies**

Ingredients:
1 bag Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie Mix

3/4 C Andes Creme de Menthe chips

1)Preheat oven to 375 F
2)Mix together cookie mix and ingredients listed on package. Once well mixed, add in the 3/4 cup of creme de menthe.
3)Drop cookie dough by rounded Tbsp onto a ungreased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet covered in tinfoil/parchment paper.
4)Bake each batch for 9 to 11 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.

No comments: