Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Blizzard=Gingerbread Houses

On Sunday we got pounded with a foot of snow, -32F temperatures, and incredible winds making the temperature with windchill easily -40F below! Sometimes I wonder why we stay here for winter when all everyone does is complain! But this time I actually didn't complain because luckily I had bought a gingerbread house kit a couple days ago at Wal-Mart and figured I could decorate it sometime when I had an hour or so to spare. Well turns out I had 2 whole days being stuck inside the college to spare, so needless to say, I tried my best at making a "professional" looking gingerbread house. Besides adding a little more holiday flare to my dorm, it also made it smell sweet like gingerbread!

Then I decided I was more than ready to come home yesterday for winter break. Unfortunately I don't drive long distances in the snow. (Home is 2 hours away) So good old grandma and grandpa came to pick me up and we didn't arrive home till late yesterday night. But the saying "There's no place like home for the holidays," is soo true. I am overjoyed to be home with my family, and excited to finally start baking!! Thought I'd share some pictures of my gingerbread house with you guys. Enjoy!!




No comments: