Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Cookie Countdown [Day 6]

Happy Monday everyone! I know this week is not going to lack on excitement and bustling all around. There's Christmas Eve and Christmas, plus I want to get out and look at lights still and of course cook for our Christmas dinner. We actually get together with our small family on Christmas Eve, then usually hang out around our house on Christmas. So for this year, my grandpa is making his famous spaghetti sauce, which I actually don't think he has a recipe for; everytime he adds more or less of something, but each time it comes out equally good. I am making the dessert, the bread, and one appetizer. I have to make my famous Hawaiin rolls, which everyone requests. They are quite a job, but well worth it. They fill the kitchen with such a sweet smell! Keep your eye out for that recipe coming soon! For the dessert, I got a recipe from Taste of Home for a Paradise Pumpkin pie, which looks stunning. Hopefully the taste will be as equally stunning! And then for the appetizer, I am still deciding, but I am leaning towards stuffed mushrooms. Needless to say, it will be a busy day, but well worth the work!

For today's cookie, I decided to make a fun one! Not only does it scream Christmas, but they took me about 20 minutes all together to make. I'm just going to call these Christmas Chocolate Cheer cookies, because they make me happy to look at them!

Christmas Chocolate Cheers
Ingredients:
1 box Pillsbury Butter Recipe Chocolate
1/3 C oil
2 eggs
1 tub of chocolate frosting
1 bag of Hershey's Christmas Kissables

Directions:
1)Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs; stir with spoon until thoroughly moistened. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
2) Bake at 375°F. for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute, then press your thumb into the center of each cookie. After that remove from cookie sheets.
3)Spoon some frosting into a pastry bag or a zip loc and snip the end. Pipe frosting into the indent of the cookie and top with 3 Kissables!! Gourmet in a snap! =)


No comments: