-2009 Christmas Menu-
Farm Rich mushrooms which I received a coupon for a free bag awhile back. I used the oven method, stabbed each one with a toothpick and served with warm marinara sauce—everyone LOVED these!
Italian Loaf for Bread Machine
(for 2 lb loaf—22 slices)
- 1 c milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c water
- 4 tsp margarine or butter
- 4 c bread flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- Add to machine according to directions for bread machine and bake as a basic light colored loaf.
- Main Dish
Italian Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- 3-4 lb boneless pork tenderloin
- 1/4 c butter, room temp—I used I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 c Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 c fresh chopped parsley, or 1 Tbsp dried
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh sage or 1/2 Tbsp dried
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 c apple juice
- 1/2 c apple butter
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine butter, breadcrumbs, scallions, parsley, sage, and lemon juice. Place tenderloin on surface, cover with plastic wrap. Using mallet, pound until 3/4 inch thickness. Remove wrap; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread breadcrumb mixture within 1/2-inch of edge.
- Starting from long side, roll up and tie with twine. Place in roasting pan. Roast until meat thermometer inserted reaches 170 F for 1 hr 15 mins.
- In a small pot, cook apple juice and apple butter on medium-high heat until thickened, 5 minutes; cool. Brush over tenderloin during the last 10 minutes of roasting. Transfer turkey to platter and slice.
- Side Dish
Garlic and Rosemary Roasted Root Vegetables
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Cranberry Glaze
- 1 batch Fiber One crust
- 2- 80z. packages of fat free cream cheese, block style
- 2 eggs + 1 egg white
- 1-8 oz. container fat free sour cream
- 1/4 c + 1 2/3 c sugar (I used 1 2/3 C Splenda and 1/4 c sugar)
- 1/4 c + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 oz canned pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 c thawed frozen whipped topping
- Position racks in center and lower third of oven. Place roasting pan filled halfway with water on lower rack. Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat 9 x 3 spring form pan with cooking spray.
- Follow instructions for pie crust here, but omit the pre-bake.
- On medium-high speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy, 3 min. On low speed, beat in eggs/whites, one at a time. Beat in sour cream, 1/4 c flour and vanilla. On medium speed, beat 2 min.
- Transfer 1 1/2 c batter to separate bowl; stir in pumpkin, pie spice and 1 Tbsp flour. Pour into crust. Bake 25 minutes or until center jiggles. Top hot layer with remaining batter. Bake 35 minutes or until center jiggles slightly when shaken. Turn oven off. Let cake stand in oven with door closed for one hour.
- Run knife around edge of pan. Cool on rack. Chill overnight. Remove side of pan and spread cranberry sauce over the top right before serving. If desired pipe whipped cream in a star-tipped pastry bag.
Make sure to follow me on my Orlando trip for the next week!