Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Two Toned & Tasty

2012 was a crazy movie guys! Did anyone else see it? If not, you should rent it..it really gets you thinking as to what you would do on your last day alive. Say you love the ones close to you or the ones you haven’t said I love you to in a long time? Resolve meaningless conflicts? Make right things you’ve done wrong? Who knows, but whatever you’d do, try to do a few this holiday season since it is the most wonderful time of the year! (insert song here!)

So brownies are good and so are cookies, so what do you get when you combine the two? A double delicious dessert! I based this off of this recipe, but of course had to put a Christmas twist on it. Try these—they’re half box and half homemade.

CIMG1173

Christmas Cookie-Topped Brownies

Ingredients:

  • 1 box Betty Crocker brownie mix, and ingredients called for on box
  • 3/4 c Nestle swirled holiday chips
  • 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 3 tbs water
  • a pinch of cinnamon

Directions:

  • Mix together the brownie and cookie ingredients separately. 
  • Pour the brownie batter into the bottom of a parchment paper lined 9x13 inch pan. 
  • Drop the cookie layer over the top of the brownie layer. 
  • Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Do you have any combos for brownies that you make?

Sorry posting/commenting has been a little MIA—tis the season for busyness.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

brownie + caramel + pecans = my biggest dessert weakness (other than toffee...). These look wonderful!

You are such a great baker, I love it!

My husband loved 2012, I fell asleep : )

Anonymous said...

I really wanna see that film, critics over here say it's a bad film, but I don't listen to them. I know what you mean it shouldn't take a tragedy to tell your loved ones how much you love them. I remember a friend at work died suddenly and all I wanted to do was run home and tell my parents how much I love them. I does make you think.
I've never made brownies or cookies, I'm just getting into making muffins, so I make give this a try next year (not far off now) :)

Taylor

Erica said...

The creativity keeps on coming! Love all of your baked goods

Kelly said...

Yum. That is a really fun combo. I just love cream cheese brownies or my adaptation, chevre brownies.

Krista said...

Great idea with the brownies/cookies!

I didn't mind 2012, but I thought it was a little far fetched...

Jenny said...

What's better than a brownie and a cookie? combining them, of course. Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, 2012 seems a bit dark for Christmas, lol. But I'll have to check it out sometime!
Seems like you're having a yummy Christmas...MErry Christmas, my dear!

Kim said...

I saw 2012 about a month ago and thought it was a huge adrenaline rush. I think I was on the edge of my seat the entire time! Love the swirled nestle chips, haven't seen those around this season. Looks like a wonderful brownie. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have a great New Year too!

Shannon, Tropical Eats said...

haven't seen that movie.. but the preview looks really neato!

That dessert is so creative and yummy :)

The weather is kind of chilly here.. but a few days ago it was hot and humid.. it's so crazy how it changes everyday!

hope you had an amazing holiday girly :)