When you hear of peanut butter blossoms, everyone envisions the same sugar-coated, tender peanut butter cookie, topped with a half-melted Hershey’s kiss right? I love traditions and all, but I figured why not give the original a yummy twist?!
The original peanut butter blossoms:
My new and improved peanut butter bombs:
What’s the difference?
- Start with a cake mix vs a cookie mix.
- Instead of regular creamy peanut butter, I used a chocolate peanut butter, more specifically Dark Chocolate Dreams.
- 1 box Betty Crocker Devil’s Food cake mix and ingredients called for on box
- 1/2 c chocolate peanut butter, nutella would work as well
- 1 bag of Hershey’s kisses, I used the candy cane—tis’ the season!
- Preheat oven to the temp called for on the box.
- Mix cake mix and called for ingredients together whisking in the peanut butter towards to end.
- Roll into 1 Tbsp balls and bake according to package directions—start unwrapping kisses.
- Once out of the oven, cool for 2 minutes, add kisses, and let cool completely.
I usually dread melting chocolate due to the mess it makes and all the dishes I need to do. I wish Santa would bring me a dishwasher!! So I decided why not put my measured out chocolate into a freezer quart Ziploc bag and immerse it into boiling water, let the chips melt completely, then carefully take the bag out, snip the corner and decorate/frost/eat from there!! So much easier and saves a lot of time, which is what I am looking to do this season!
I am going to see 2012 in the theatre tonight—it’s only about 5 degrees out---brrrrr!!