Tuesday, December 1, 2009

25 Days Of Christmas

Thanksgiving is over + back to school= not cool

Ok, I have no choice, and I love college..it’s just that after 9 days off, can you expect me to hop out of bed and be on my way? I swear, if I didn’t always have a yummy breakfast calling my name, I would probably oversleep on a regular basis. Are you back to the regular work/school week?

So if you didn’t know, I love the holiday spirit! So in lieu of my obsession admiration for all things red and green, the blog is celebrating 25 days of Christmas.  How you ask? Christmas recipes, a contest with a fun gift, holiday tips and prep plans, cookie round up, homemade gifts, etc.

First up..

Contest time!

gift03

What you win: A package filled with all sorts of goodies—and yes, most of it is food, but surprises are always better, don’t ya think?

tree04

How to enter: Between December 1st-December 10th, email me (apinchandadash@live.com) a picture of your Christmas tree this year, or if you for some reason don’t have one, send a picture of your favorite thing this time of year, winter related or holiday. All pictures must be original ones that you take. And please link back to this if you wouldn’t mind, because Christmas is all about spreading good cheer!!

Now time to share my Christmas display! I was so excited to finally decorate my own place. Last year decorating the dorms was fun, but I wanted a Christmas tree and all the works! I feel like I am in some sort of Christmas fairy land now—I swear it makes doing my homework easier :-P

By the way, everything is candy-cane due to the fact that I love the real candy-cane story. Read it here!

CIMG1053

-Wreath on my door-

CIMG1052

-C’mon in!-

CIMG1054

-I like to call it Christmas corner-

CIMG1043

-Here’s to hoping Santa will fill at least one stocking!-

CIMG1044

-“O Christmas Treeeeee”-

CIMG1036

-Close-up of all the candy cane fun!-

CIMG1034

-My favorite ornament this year-

CIMG1039

-Light up candy canes are much more fun-

CIMG1046

-Build-a-Bear holiday style!-

And now switching gears to reverse, if you still have leftover turkey from Thanksgivingwhich by the way you should only use four days after the holiday for safety reasons according to this—so I used up the last chunk for this Tex Mex inspired recipe!

Tex Mex Turkey Wraps

CIMG1029

Serves 1

Ingredients:

  • 1  large wrap
  • 1/2 c shredded turkey meat
  • 1/4 c golden corn
  • 1/4 c black beans, rinsed
  • 1/4 c FF shredded cheddar cheese
  • handful of spinach
  • Hot sauce and/or salsa and sour cream

Directions:

  • Place wrap on plate and layer with spinach, turkey, corn, and beans.
  • Sprinkle cheese evenly across the top and top cheese with desired condiments.
  • To roll fold in two sides until they meet in the center. Fold the bottom of the tortilla to the center over the filling, and continue rolling.
  • Heat in microwave or toaster oven until warm.

Goodbye turkey, and helloooo Christmas cookies!”

5 comments:

Sook said...

December is definitely my favorite time of the year... I love Christmas!!! I will be decorating our tree tonight. A small one though because we're leaving early to my in-laws in Pismo Beach. But I'm excited about your 25-days-Christmas posts!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to decorating our tree at the weekend. I intend to make my own cards for my family and close friends this year.

Taylor

Krista said...

I love your tree!!! I'll be putting mine up this weekend and will be sure to send a photo your way...and link back, too!

The Purple Carrot said...

Ahhh, what a festive post : )

That's a great idea for a giveaway!

Erica said...

ow! I want to enter- I will once I get my tree up ;)