I’m always a huge fan of extra fiber-infused foods as long as they taste good! Fiber is so good for your..
- The most recognized benefit of fiber is its important role in keeping the digestive system running smoothly by promoting regularity. Fiber adds bulk to help move food through the digestive tract.
- Along with regular exercise and plenty of water, fiber plays an important part in maintaining digestive health.
- Fiber – specifically soluble fiber – may also help lower blood cholesterol levels, thereby reducing the risk for heart disease. Fiber appears to lower cholesterol by interfering with its absorption in the digestive tract.
- Fiber may also be important for people who have diabetes. Diets high in whole grain and fiber have been shown to help people with diabetes manage their blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
- Getting enough fiber can also help curb your hunger and help you feel satisfied, which can help with weight management. Research suggests that people who have higher intakes of fiber tend to have healthier body weights.
Recently I received some Fiber One samples in the mail, (get yours here) and was pleased to see both items were two products in their line that I have yet to try. I received the Oats&Chocolate chewy granola bar and the Honey Clusters cereal. Here’s what I thought:
The Oats&Chocolate chewy bar smelled great when I opened the package, but sometimes looks/smells can be deceiving. Not so with this bar! It was extremely chewy, which made it a little time consuming to eat, but hey—that just means the goodness lasts even longer, right?? =) Between the mini chocolate chips and the chocolate drizzle, if you have any kind of chocolate craving, this is a great way to satisfy it! As far as the ingredient list goes, it’s not too long, and I can pronounce/recognize every ingredient. This bar provides 9g of fiber for just 140 calories. Check out the ingredient list and more nutritionals here.
Being the cereal addict that I am, I have high expectations for every box that makes it to my bowl. The Fiber One Honey Clusters cereal was simple, yet simply good! Lightly sweetened whole grain flakes and honey clusters are the main components of this cereal that provides 13 grams of fiber per 1 cup serving—that’s 51% of the fiber you need in a day! I say that’s a
fiberulous fabulous way to start the day =)
Some other ways to get your daily fiber:
All info provided by the wonderful Fiber One.
Stay tuned for yet ANOTHER stuffed surprise tomorrow!