Monday’s can sometimes be the worst day of the week—back to school, work—you know the feeling. But there is something that can make it a tad bit better. How you ask?? With a super stuffed recipe of course ;-) What can be so good that it would transform a whole day, even a Monday? Here’s a clue..
If you guessed chicken, you’re right! But not just your everyday chicken—this recipe was inspired by one of my favorite restaurant meals. It’s cheaper than the restaurant ($2.28/serving vs. $9.99), and even though it took awhile to compile the ingredients to perfection, it was soo worth it. And lucky for you, it’s pretty easy as well!
Crab Stuffed Chicken Breast
*Serves 1, but you can easily double or triple.
- 4 oz skinless/boneless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp FF block cream cheese, room temp
- 6 tsp imitation flaked crab, 1oz
- 1/6th an envelope of Lipton savory herb&garlic mix(about 1 1/2 tsp)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Panko bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp butter or butter spread (I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)
- Handful of spinach, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F and smear butter spread in a 12-inch skillet on stovetop.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, crab, and Lipton soup mix.
- Take 4 oz chicken breast and slice into it horizontally, stopping about 1-inch towards the opposite end.
- Spread the inside of the chicken breast with the cream cheese mixture and flip the opening shut. If you’re having trouble getting everything to stay inside, you can seal with a toothpick, just remember to take it out before you eat it—ouch!
- Roll chicken breast in egg whites until completely coated. Then dredge it in the bread crumbs—you may need to add a few more breadcrumbs if you can’t cover the whole piece.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes on MED-HIGH heat, flipping once. If the outside starts to get extremely charred, turn down heat.
- Next place in baking dish, and bake, uncovered for 15 minutes, and you’re done!!
- Serve on a bed of baby spinach if desired.
Have a great start to your week!