That is the exact word to describe me when this recipe turned out fab! I had been brainstorming a double kind of dessert for quite some time. After perfecting the measurements, I nailed it! I could barely contain myself and knew I needed to share it immediately. Are you sitting down?(obviously you are if your on the computer hehe!)
Let me introduce to you….
Mini Cookie Dough Pies
What do they consist of you ask? Well only some of the best things—a healthy Fiber One crust with a “raw” cookie dough taste(they are not really raw), a mix of peanut butter and chocolate chips with a piping of chocolate syrup! Whoo, that’s a lot of goodness in one dessert—good thing they’re mini! ;-) So grab your mini-muffin tin and get going!
- 1 c. Fiber One cereal (original)
- 2 Tbsp whipped butter
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 c whipped butter
- 1/2 c sugar (I used Splenda)
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 c mini chocolate chips
- 1/8 c peanut butter chips, chopped
- Chocolate syrup, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together flour, sugar, chips until combined. Add in butter, egg whites, extract, and mix until just combined.
- Spray 16 mini muffin cups with non-stick spray. Take 1 tbsp of “crust” and form a pie-like bottom, making sure to get about halfway up the sides. I found an easy way—>
- Once that is done, take 1 Tbsp of cookie dough filling and pour over each crust.
- If you want to add a shot of chocolate syrup (I did just for fun!), then squirt a little in the middle of each pie.
- Now they’re ready to bake—mine took about 17 minutes, but start checking around 15 because all ovens are obviously different.
- Now the hard part—wait and try not to drool at the yummy smell!
- As soon as they’re done, get them out of the muffin tin and put on a cooling rack. (They should pop right out—if not take a knife and run it around the cookie pie gently.)
You may or may not be able to eat just one! The other cool thing about these is they’re totally customizable! Add in coconut, butterscotch chips, cherry chips, caramel chips, mint chips—whatever suites your taste!
Hope you guys liked these! How would you customize your cookie dough bites?