2012 was a crazy movie guys! Did anyone else see it? If not, you should rent it..it really gets you thinking as to what you would do on your last day alive. Say you love the ones close to you or the ones you haven’t said I love you to in a long time? Resolve meaningless conflicts? Make right things you’ve done wrong? Who knows, but whatever you’d do, try to do a few this holiday season since it is the most wonderful time of the year! (insert song here!)
So brownies are good and so are cookies, so what do you get when you combine the two? A double delicious dessert! I based this off of this recipe, but of course had to put a Christmas twist on it. Try these—they’re half box and half homemade.
Christmas Cookie-Topped Brownies
- 1 box Betty Crocker brownie mix, and ingredients called for on box
- 3/4 c Nestle swirled holiday chips
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbs water
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Mix together the brownie and cookie ingredients separately.
- Pour the brownie batter into the bottom of a parchment paper lined 9x13 inch pan.
- Drop the cookie layer over the top of the brownie layer.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Do you have any combos for brownies that you make?
Sorry posting/commenting has been a little MIA—tis the season for busyness.