Friday, October 2, 2009

I Found My Fall Angel

---Finally Friday!!---

Have you ever combined two good foods to get something extraordinary? That’s what happened with this recipe. Two things a lot of people probably have lying around their pantry paired together to create one delicious dessert. Usually I will make something, eat it throughout the week, and get sick of it. With this one, I made it Sunday and wish I had made more! This would be perfect for a fall time/Halloween get together too.

 

 +  =

CIMG0760 

Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Cinnamon-Cream Filling

Serves:12

Ingredients

Cake

  • 1 box Betty Crocker® white angel food cake mix
  • 1 tablespoon Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
  • 1 cup cold water

Cinnamon-Cream Filling

  • 2 cups Cool Whip
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon

Directions

1.Move oven rack to lowest position; heat oven to 350°F. In extra-large glass or metal bowl, beat all cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 10-inch angel food (tube) cake pan.

2.Bake 37 to 47 minutes or until crust is dark golden brown and cracks are dry. Immediately turn pan upside down onto heatproof funnel or glass bottle. Let hang about 2 hours or until cake is completely cool. Loosen cake from side of pan with knife or long metal spatula. Turn cake upside down onto serving plate.

3.In chilled large bowl, beat cool whip and powdered sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Fold in cinnamon. Cut cake horizontally in half to make 2 even layers. Spread half of the filling on bottom layer; replace top of cake. Spread remaining filling on top of cake. Sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice if desired.

Will all the pumpkin recipes floating around this time a year, I would definitely recommend adding this to your list of “must makes”! Let me know if you make it and how you like it =)

The blogenda for next week:

  • A new cookie line review
  • A pie—oh my!
  • A easy fall side dish

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds delicious. I like the new blog look and hope your classes are going well.

Krista said...

That looks great. I never have luck adding stuff to anfgle food cake mixes. It always comes out heavy...doh!

Anonymous said...

oooh that is such a great idea!! All the yummy flavors of pumpkin but none of the bad stuff!! I also love the color. I think I would totally try this recipe and put pumpkin pudding as a filling! hehehehe

Jenny said...

I love the versatility of Angel Food cake! It sound like it was PERFECT with the pumpkin!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

So Autumny!!!!

Maddy said...

what a great dessert... or breakfast =)

Anonymous said...

you never fail to impress me, my dear. Holy freaking cow, even though I'm not a dessert person, I would freaking eat that ALL!!!!

p.s. I have tried to do my own sourdough starter and everything, but it turned out...REALLY sour. Blegh!

Kerstin said...

I love the filling in this cake and SO need to get my hands on some pumpkin!