First off, thank you all SO SO much for your kind words regarding the unfortunate event with my cat. I wish I could come and hug you all. So here’s a *virtual hug*! I have never been good at dealing with death, but I just really need to remember all the great times I had with him and then I feel truly blessed. Some of my favorite memories with him were always giving him at least a handful of my Cheerios in the morning because he wouldn’t leave till I did, playing for hours with bouncy balls in the kitchen, trying to discreetly open tuna cans so he wouldn’t meow until he got a hefty serving, and most of all just having a snuggle partner to always keep you warm. This week will still be hard, but my Tuesday made it much better. Here’s why..
- First off, my mom came to visit me as I said before, and came not only bringing her smiley face, but this…
She obviously knows what can cheer me up! I can’t wait to get started with this gem. Looks like I can check one thing off of my Christmas list a little early!
So here’s some other things that were rather comforting during this sad week…
Homemade Hawaiian Pizza
Ingredients consisted of:
- One recipe of my homemade whole wheat crust
- 3/4 c pizza sauce
- 1/2 c mushrooms
- 1/2 c chopped green pepper
- 3/4 c precooked/cubed ham
- 1 small can of chunk pineapple, drained
- 2/3 c mozzarella cheese
Directions are simple:
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Prick dough with fork after rolling out onto pan and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, add toppings, and bake again for about 10-12 minutes.
Easy does it!
Obviously this week I am on a ham kick…
Breakfast Bonanza Tomato
- 1 tomato, medium to large
- 1/4 c shredded cheese, your choice of kind, I used a fiesta blend
- 3 slices of thicker deli ham
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp chopped mushrooms
- 2 tsp hot sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Get your tomato all shiny any pretty. Just kidding, but make sure to wash it good!
- Pulp out the inside leaving a 1/2’ shell. Discard seeds and liquid, but reserve the pulp.
- Now take the three slices of ham and place inside the tomato so the ham goes up the sides.
- Meanwhile, scramble one egg ,one white, and mushrooms in a sprayed skillet until they are no longer watery.
- Stuff mixture into tomato once it has cooled. Top with cheese and hot sauce if you choose.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until cheese is bubbly and tomato has softened to the touch.
In other news:
- Yesterday I viewed the beyond gorgeous Home-Ec room I will be teaching my classes in which made me even more excited for this new opportunity!! My classes need to be finalized by Sunday, so I am busy planning away.
- I have some really REALLY good bars you are not going to want to miss and a soup that my old Italian neighbor lady used to make which is divine to say the least.
- Tomorrow in lieu of all this sadness hanging around here, I decided on a giveaway to make you all a bit happier =) I will give you one hint….
Or two I suppose..