All of that great brain food in my last post is powering me through this week for sure! Hope everyone else’s week is smooth sailing as well.
Did you forget already that October is National Pizza Month?
I would like to say I didn’t forget about it since my celebration started a tad early, but sadly weeks passed and I failed to celebrate at least once a week with a wonderful slice. So as October is getting well underway, I figured no better time than now to try a new pizza recipe I have been eying up for quite some time. I still decided to use my lovely homemade crust recipe that I adore, but that was the only change I made to this one. Hope you enjoy! Are you still celebrating National Pizza Month?
Veggie Breakfast Pizza
Serves: 6 (2 slices each)
Adapted from Healthy Cooking Magazine
- 1 recipe of my whole-wheat crust
- 1 c salsa
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 3 eggs, and 3 egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 c (4 oz) shredded part-skin mozzarella cheese
p.s. Next time I am going to add some ham and pineapple to this as well!
- Follow the recipe for my whole wheat crust, once that is done baking continue on.
- Drain salsa, discarding the liquid. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir in the tomatoes, onion and green pepper in oil until crisp tender. Combine eggs/egg whites, and seasonings, add to pan. Cook and stir until eggs are set.
- Spoon salsa and egg mixture over crust; sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 3-5 mins or until cheese is melted.
I wasn’t sure if I would like the whole “breakfast” theme on a pizza..but how could I not? I love all things eggs, and basically anything on a tasty crust is a winner with me, so of course this is by far one of my fav new pizza combos! Don’t let the salsa sauce, or anything else make you think twice—make it ASAP!