Hey everyone! Hope your Sunday is ending on a good note! I originally planned to have this video posted this morning, but good ol’ Youtube was not cooperating—don’t you just love technology and all its’
glitches surprises? Eek! But, Tinypic came to the rescue and was on my side, so I’ll stop chatting and let you get to the video. [Recipe and pictures below]
Seaside Pasta Dish w/Yellow Bell Pepper Sauce
- 3 oz angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 3/4 c mix of prepared shrimp and tilapia, chopped to your liking(if frozen, previously thawed)
- 1/4 canned pineapple chunks, drained
- Parmesan cheese, if desired
- 1/4 c yellow bell pepper and onion,chopped and sautéed
- 1/4 c canned stewed tomatoes + 2 Tbsp liquid from tomatoes
- Preferred seasonings
- Cook pasta according to box—strain and set aside in bowl.
- Sauté chopped bell pepper and onion until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Once done, put into food processor along with tomatoes, tomato liquid, and seasonings of your choice. Pulse for about 1 min, or until sauce consistency forms.
- Meanwhile, chop your mixture of fish however big or small you like it. (I left my shrimp whole and cubed the tilapia.)
- Spoon sauce mixture (yields about 1/2 C) over pasta, top with fish, shrimp, and pineapple and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese if you wish!!!
Homemade Semi-Gourmet Garlic Bread
- 1 slice of sandwich bread, white or wheat
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1 Tbsp butter spread
- 2 Tbsp shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 450 F.
- Mix garlic and butter spread together and spread evenly on bread.
- Top with a sprinkling of cheese and bake for 5-8 min—watch carefully, it browns fast!
Have a super start to your work or school week!
And keep an eye out for gorgeous fall leaves :-)