As summer slowly fades to fall, we’re all preparing and gathering recipes to start using up the fall bounty of fruit and veggies. Today I wanted to share a side dish that can use up some of the leftover summer/beginning fall vegetables. Sometimes a good meal needs to be accompanied by a great side to be truly complete. Who doesn’t like a fresh piece of garlic bread with spaghetti or a fresh green salad with grilled goods? This side dish can pair well with many dishes, which is another reason it’s great!
- 1 lb sliced zucchini
- 1 1/2 c fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/4 lb sliced vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1/2 C Panko breadcrumbs
- 1.4 c finely grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Meanwhile, coat a 2-quart shallow baking dish with cooking spray, and alternatively layer zucchini, corn, and tomatoes. (With this recipe, I divided it into four square ramekins for individual sides.)
- Combine Panko and cheese, and sprinkle on top.
- Bake, uncovered, in the center of the oven for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Then cover with foil and bake 10 minutes more or until vegetable are tender. Serve immediately
What’s your favorite easy pleasing side dish?
Stay tune tomorrow for a VIDEO post! :-)