Hope everyone is enjoying the long holiday weekend!
So far, the weather has been glorious here. Sunshine, blue skies, and high 80 temps. My mom came down to visit for the weekend and we decided to take advantage of the summer season and head to the closest State Park. People were swimming, fishing, barbequing, and just hanging out.
So most people BBQ and go all out on picnic foods and such for Memorial Day, so come Tuesday when the work week picks back up and things are back to the daily grind, you may want to base a meal on packaged foods to make dinner a little easier and faster. This is just as fast as ordering delivery, but much better!
Wingless Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 (6oz) bag Tyson Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- 1 pre-made pizza crust, such as Boboli
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 Tbsp hot sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot
- 1/2 c tomato sauce
- 1 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese,
- 1/2 c blue cheese crumbles
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp grill seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Set pizza on pizza pan.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter and stir in Worcestershire, hot sauce, and tomato sauce. Add chicken to sauce and coat. Cover the pizza dough with the saucy Buffalo chicken, cheeses, and scallions. Bake 18 minutes or until crisp.
And of course, breadsticks are a must!
These are a quick-fix, and comparable to Pizza Huts. Plus, you get sauce right in the package—perfect!
Speaking of Pizza Hut, have you heard of their new Eat Well menu? A little about it:
“To help its customers make healthy choices Pizza Hut has launched an "Eat Well" menu that includes items that fall under the Heart and Stroke Foundation's Health Check program.
The menu, which was developed in Canada, now includes pizzas made on multi-grain dough and oven-baked whole-grain pastas. A logo showing a red circle with a white check mark is guiding diners to healthy menu choices.”
The new choices include:
- Grilled Chicken Arabbiatta Pizza
- Grilled Chicken Rustico Pizza
- Giardino Fresco Pizza
- Margherita Pizza
- Tuscani Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta
- Tuscani Mediterranean con Polo Pasta
I think this concept is great! Have you tried their new menu?