Another year to the book, another candle to the cake..however you put it, I am a year older, and hopefully another year wiser.
It’s been just about a week since my 19th birthday, and it gave me time to think about all the things I’ve done while being 18..
- Entered and took 3rd place in the Regional Rhubarb Fest
- Moved in to my first apartment
- Started my sophomore year of college
- Got to interview KATH
- Had a wonderful Thanksgiving
- Enjoyed the Christmas season to the fullest
- Headed to Orlando, FL
- Got hired to teach community cooking classes
- Visited relatives out in Boston
- Made a trip to Minneapolis and the General Mills Museum
- And overall just learned to live each day in life to the fullest—can’t wait to see what my 19th year has in store!
Some exciting things that are on my agenda for this year:
So now onto confession time: In the past 4 weeks I think I’ve eaten my weight in cake. Not just any cake though—my creation I’ve been tweaking and perfecting for the Real Women of Philadelphia Cream Cheese contest. I love Paula Deen, so I was extra excited to find out she is the main star of this contest—cooking in front of Paula Deen? Yes, please!
**Check out my contest profile page here**
Recipe entry description:
“Inspired by Elvis's famous peanut butter banana sandwich, I took this to the next level by incorporating the flavors into a moist and simple cake. But who can have a cake without frosting? Not me! A creamy peanut butter cream cheese frosting tops this off and makes it my one-of-a-kind cake filled with four favorite flavors. I think Elvis would be proud!”
Recipe entry video:
Chocolate Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
Whether you try this recipe or not, keep your fingers crossed for me!! =)