First off, one of my favorite blogs to read and one of the sweetest gals ever, Kelly from the Pink Apron passed this award to me.
I need to list several things about me, and pass it onto seven other beautiful bloggers. You are all beautiful inside and out:
- Kim from Stirring the Pot
- Shannon at Tropical Eats
- Erica at Itzy’s Kitchen
- Krista at Krista’s Kravings
- Taylor from Joy of Food
- Lesley at Lesley Lifting Life
- Michelle at Lucky Tastebuds
So here’s my seven things:
I have a tattoo of a pink bow on the back of my neck that I got when I was fifteen. It represents me being a gift from God to my mom and dad.
I have a half brother who is twenty-five. He lives out in Worcester, Massachusetts where I was born.
I was Freshman homecoming princess in high school.
I love to bead in my spare time (which is sparse nowadays), and I sell it when I get enough made.
I drive a black Mercury Cougar that my grandparents got me on my 16th birthday—it was my dream car.
I am blessed to have a four generation family. (Left to right: Grandma, Mom, Me. Bottom: My Great-Grandma)
Ever since I was knee-high, my mom and grandma have instilled a giving spirit into me. Every Christmas, we would bake cookies for three days straight and on Christmas eve, go and deliver huge platters (above) to less fortunate families and homeless shelters. I plan on continuing this tradition once I have children as well. Even though I am at college now, I managed to whip up batches of cookies and leave them in my trunk because it was so cold last year—worked great!
Soo..how are all those turkey day leftovers treatin’ you?! Over here, I have yet to enter TOS(turkey overdose syndrome), but I have entered the stage where I am sick of just plain turkey. So I decided to incorporate two things we had at our Thanksgiving spread into a totally different meal—it was superb! I may even be making this from scratch when I don’t have leftovers :-)
Stuffing Stuffed Squash
- 1 medium-sized acorn squash (1 1/2 lb)
- 1 C prepared stuffing ( I used my mom’s recipe)
- 1/2 c shredded turkey breast
- 2 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut squash in half, seed, and place face down on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 8 min, or until fork tender.
- Let cool, meanwhile mix shredded turkey and stuffed together.
- Take a spoon and take all the squash pulp out leaving the skin intact. Mix the pulp with the stuffing mixture.
- Carefully stuff stuffing/squash mix back into squash halves evenly.
- Sprinkle with cheese and reheat if needed—enjoy!
By the way, I ate this with ketchup on top!
Beyond fabulous giveaway heeeere.