If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile now, I am sure you’ve heard me mention that other than on pizza, I am not a huge cheese fan. I’ve only tried a handful of cheese—cheddar, American(really dislike), mozzarella, and Parmesan. Well lately, since I have been trying more dishes that are centered around cheese, I have slowly been acquiring a taste for it, and dare I say…craving it! Ok, all you cheese lovers can say, “I told you so!” (yes, Sophia..you!) :-)
So I’ve decided since there is so much cheese out there that I haven’t tried, I better get on the cheese train and start trying at least one different cheese a week. What is your favorite cheese? Since I’ve heard so much about feta cheese and how it’s such a great addition to dishes, I figured I better start there. I picked up some Athenos crumbled Basil & Tomato feta cheese. I am still needing to try out more Bisquick recipes for my upcoming classes. This recipe fit the bill! Of course, I made some changes, but you can find the original recipe here.
Impossibly Easy Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Cheese Pie
- 1/2 c red onion, chopped
- 7 oz jar of roasted red bell peppers, drained—I found these at my local Dollar Store!
- 1/2 c crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 c Heart Smart Bisquick mix
- 1 c milk, I used Almond Breeze
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 egg whites and 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches. Blend Boca patty in food processor.
- Stir remaining ingredients in medium bowl until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
So fancy and delicious, yet WAY easy!
**Check out this chocolate-covered giveaway!**