Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2010 Turkey Day Replay

CIMG4341

We definitely had a white Thanksgiving this year. This time last year, we didn’t have any snow yet, so I have a feeling this winter is going to be quite white.

 CIMG4339

It was a busy day of prep in the kitchen. Obviously somebody didn’t want to partake in helping, but instead needed a few more hours of beauty sleep. ^^

Photo4009

And dad decided to stay out of the kitchen and instead worked in his workshop all morning.

CIMG4340

I always love cooking in the kitchen I grew up in. It’s where my love of all things food began!

The Menu:

CIMG4334 

CIMG4350

CIMG4336

CIMG4337

CIMG4349

CIMG4342

Ingredients for the Lean Green Bean Casserole

CIMG4348

CIMG4352

Homemade mashed potatoes. This is the recipe I used, but instead of using red potatoes this time, I opted for Yukon Gold’s.

CIMG4353

And may I present to you the greatest turkey recipe that has ever existed…

Alton Brown’s Famous Roasted Turkey

CIMG4347

 CIMG4344

CIMG4345

My grandpa made this recipe per my request and everyone agreed this is our family’s new go-to turkey!

CIMG4351

My plate minus a garden salad!!!

CIMG4354

And save the best for last…

CIMG4355

CIMG4357

Mini Cherry Cheesecake Pies

Ingredients:

  • 1 package of Keebler mini pie crusts (6 pack)
  • 1-8oz block of cream cheese, I used fat-free
  • 2 cups milk, skim works perfect
  • 1 (4 serving) cheesecake pudding, I used sugar free

Directions:

  • Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
  • Add in 1/2 c milk and pudding mix—beat until well combined and not lumpy.
  • Add in remaining milk.
  • Spoon into mini pie crusts, top with cherry pie filling, about 3 Tbsp each.
  • Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.

This is my last week of my fall semester as a Junior in college—so bear with me and the sporadic posts due to the fact that I am buried in homework up to my ears!!! :-/

Do you have your Christmas menu planned?? 

16 comments:

Christina said...

yummmmmmm!! and heck no we don't have our xmas menu planned yet! hahha :)

Erica said...

ahhhhhhhhh! Love your bully :) They are just the best dogs ever. What a menu. The turkey looks perfect and so do those mini desserts. No Christmas menu planned yet but we do have exciting plans!

Danielle said...

Everything looks very good! I haven't even thought about christmas yet. I love the mini cheesecakes(: They're the perfect size!

Jessica@tastyandtrim said...

I'm drooling over those mini cherry cheesecake pies - YUM! I may just have to whip some of those up for the holidays!!

Krista said...

What a fabulous meal!! I don't have to cook this Christmas so I'm off the hook for menu planning...

Nicole, RD said...

Your Bull Baby is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO flipping cute! THAT FACE!!! I JUST WANNA KISS IT!!!!!!!!!! Adorable! :)

Your menu sounded wonderful and that is one MIGHTY fine lookin' Tom! I have no idea about Christmas...my cousin is in charge, and I'm bringing the cookies!

Sue said...

What a feast! Love the mini pies, and the pup:)

Sook said...

What an awesome meal you had there! Everything looks wonderful!

Kelly said...

Looks like a fantastic meal! I still cannot believe we haven't met up yet. Not sure if you're going to be around the twin cities for xmas but if you are I'll be there.

Mandi said...

Your bully is absolutely adorable!! I love taking pics of my pups asleep =) That turkey looks gorgeous! Sounds like a fantastic Thanksgiving! No Christmas menus planned yet, we will be in upstate VA with the hubs' fam though so we are super excited about that! Love visiting the D.C. area =)

katecooks said...

that turkey looks delicious! i might just have to check out that recipe next year :)

stephchows said...

mmm it all looks delicious!! and thank you so much for joining the exchange again!! woohoo!!!

Katrina said...

Nice T-day spread. We got snow, too. Let the snow fun begin. (And by that I mean, staying indoors baking and drinking hot cocoa.) ;)

Kim said...

Hey there! Sorry I haven't been around in the longest time. I finally made some changes to my blog and added you to my blogroll so that I wouldn't keep missing out on your posts.

Love the pic of your doggie - how sweet! And, I would give just about anything to cook in the kitchen where I grew up. That's pretty cool. Everything you guys had looks delicious. I especially love that your grandpa made the Alton Brown recipe. Looks like a fantastic turkey. Glad to see it was a great holiday for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

That looks so good! Especially though cheesecakes! I love mini cheesecakes, automatic portion control!

Kim Harris said...

Hi, I was here looking around. I enjoyed my stay. Each week I pick some of my favorite blogs from among my members. I chose you this week. Check it out on my page (bottom right). I really like your blog. I'll be back to check out your recipes.