Thursday, November 11, 2010

I Am Still All About Fall

**Tarte mineral bronzer in Park Avenue Princess can be found here**

Blog friends I tag to answer my 8 questions are..

And my new 8 questions to you girls are…

1) What is your favorite magazine to read?

2)If you could develop/market a food product, what would it be?

3) Favorite Food Network show?

4) Clothing item you can’t live without?

5) Favorite thing about where you currently live?

6) Most memorable birthday?

7) Favorite holiday?

8) Where do you see yourself in five years?

---

And now onto a fall recipe that I recently created. Of course I’ve been loving all things pumpkin lately, like most of you, except instead of choosing the sweet pumpkin route, I decided to go for the savory! Enter in Pumpkin Cranberry Minestrone. Now don’t let the fact that this soup has cranberries in it scare you away, it really adds another depth of flavor that can’t be beat. And if your like me and you really want to go all out, serve this minestrone in a pumpkin bowl!

CIMG3552

Pumpkin Cranberry Minestrone

Makes: 8 cups

Ingredients:

  • 1 (14.5 oz) can of chicken broth
  • 1 (14.5 oz) can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
  • 3/4 c tomato sauce, I used Hunt’s garlic & herb
  • 1/2 c pumpkin canned
  • 1/2 c fresh or frozen cranberries
  • 1 c fresh or frozen green beans
  • 1 c diced celery
  • 1 c frozen broccoli
  • 2 handfuls of baby spinach
  • 1/2 c diced red onion
  • 1/2 sliced carrots
  • 1 c diced fresh pumpkin, optional, but recommended
  • 1 c water
  • 1/2 c mini shell pasta
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • Dash of pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds
  • 1/4 shredded parmesan cheese 

Directions:

  • In a large stockpot, add in the first four ingredients and the 1 c water. Turn heat to medium and bring to a low boil, stirring frequently. Add in cranberries, green beans, celery, broccoli, spinach, onion, carrots, fresh diced pumpkin, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
  • Stir occasionally and cover pot on a med-low boil until veggies are fork tender, about 25 minutes. Add in pasta and cheese for the last 10 minutes.

Recipe notes: This is such a fun fall twist on your typical minestrone! My mom is a huge soup fan and as soon as I gave her the recipe, she made it and LOVED it. I’ve made it four times in the last few weeks..yeah it’s tasty, cheap, and fast!!

-------

In other health news, a lot of people have recently been commenting on how shiny my hair is, and how fast it’s been growing. I owe it all to these, which can be found at your local Walgreen’s. I take them twice a day after a meal, and I’ve seen such a difference within just two months!

CIMG3289

CIMG3290

CIMG3291

Do you take vitamins daily?

9 comments:

hbobier said...

You put minestrone in a pumpkin bowl? Awesome!

And for vitamins, I have probably three a week. I'm not super good at remembering them...haha.

Erica said...

Love the video! Such a cute way to address the questions. Thank you for tagging me! Krista tagged me too and I totally forgot to do this -whooooooops. I'm going to answer a few of your questions here inc ase I forget again haha:
1)Oww- toughie- probably Women's Health or Southern Living
2) Why a parfait of course!
3) This is REALLY tough, can I go with a three way tie?- I love Bobby Flay's Grill it, Barefoot Contessa and Giada at Home
4) Sweat pants- because I'm fancy
5)Everything
6)16th
7)Halloween
8) Hopefully a Mama

The soup looks AMAZING

Krista said...

LOVE the video post!!! What a great idea. I like the sounds of your soup. I'll have to bookmark that one!

Lisa said...

Love your video! I love when people do that!

I am a big vitamin taker. I beleive in them if your low on stuff. Otherwise, you have to be careful with them!

Nicole, RD said...

Aw, thanks for tagging me! I will do this tomorrow :) I loved your answers! My bronzer is one of my favorite make-up items, too. And I love your grocery shopping tip -- I always check the cost per ounce! Companies and their packaging are SNEAKY!!! :)

Shannon, Tropical Eats said...

holy crap that is awesome about those vitamins!!! My sister has been wanting to grow her hair out for so long, but she always ends up chopping it off. gonna show her your awesome results!!

thanks for the tag girly :) you rock. gonna answer them in my next post!

erica said...

this soup sounds wonderful and your pb&j bars above sound delish as well. You have a fabulous blog.... and now have a new follower!

xo

Christina said...

ah! for some reason i just now saw this and that you tagged me! i will have to do this soon! :)

Jessica@tastyandtrim said...

Aw I don't know how I never saw this until now - thanks so much for including me :) Sorry it's so late!

1) What is your favorite magazine to read? Glamour

2)If you could develop/market a food product, what would it be?
hmmm some kind of bar

3) Favorite Food Network show?
Giada at Home

4) Clothing item you can’t live without? leggings

5) Favorite thing about where you currently live? The gorgeous snow outside

6) Most memorable birthday? probably my 16th!

7) Favorite holiday? Christmas :)

8) Where do you see yourself in five years? hopefully graduated from college and working in my career!