This work week definitely caught up with me and I am so thankful for Sunday’s off! I need to catch up on housework, other things, etc. but instead I am going to go meet my parents for the afternoon—so everything else can wait. :-)
But what can’t wait is this..
- My first time making homemade granola bars—love them!
- And, a new video tutorial on how to make my beloved Fiber One Pie Crust..I get quite a few questions on it, so this video is well overdue.
With the pie crust you can make all of these recipes:
So sit back and enjoy the (short) show!
- 1 1/2 c Fiber One original cereal goes into a Magic Bullet or food processor.
- Once ground up, add in 1 Tbsp of Fat Free I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spread.
- Stir, then add in 1 cup of warm water and mix until there are no loose crumbs left.
- With a spatula, press into 9 inch pie pan and continue with desired pie recipe—you can pre-bake this as well, or just fill with pie filling and eat.
Now onto the granola bar recipe many of you are waiting for!
By the way, if you can make Rice Krispie bars, you can make these!
No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars
1. Combine honey and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar after butter starts to melt.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
3. Add the granola and rice cereal into the saucepan and fold them into the sauce until evenly coated.
4. Spread the mixture into a 9×13 inch ungreased baking pan and press firmly with a spatula to evenly fill. Sprinkle the chocolate and peanut butter chips onto the top of the granola and gently press them down.
5. Put the pan in the refrigerator until cooled and firm, about 15 minutes, then cut into bars.
These are SO good and very open to customization. What flavor combos are you thinking of trying?!