“Why did the banana go out with the prune? Because he couldn’t find a date.”
Do the days sometimes fly by so fast that it seems like you’re going bananas? I don’t think the summer has ever flown by so fast for me..guess it must be the full-time job haha! But sometimes going bananas is the way to go—in this case, today’s recipe actually requires it. But hang on to your hat’s for a little longer..first up is a work week wrap-up.
Half of our lovely kitchen staff—so much fun!
Minnesota State Fair night—corn dogs, corn on the cob, fresh French fries with gravy, homemade cheese curds (recipe here), and a tossed salad.
Cheese curds are a huge seller at Minnesota fairs and carnivals during the summer—I was in charge of making them. It was my first time, but boy did they turn out tasty!!
Ok..so now I give you permission to go bananas—but don’t over-do it..tomorrow is Friday!
Peanut Butter & Banana Bread
**This bread is now my go-to banana bread recipe..perfect texture and taste!**
- 2c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. butter (soft)
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 c. peanut butter, I used PB & Co Cinnamon Raisin PB
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts, I used almonds
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar, I used Splenda
- I also added 1/4 c unsweetened applesauce to soften the batter up a bit.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Stir bananas into creamed mixture. Stir well. Add flour mixture, and nuts. Mix well.
5.Pour batter into greased 9"x5" loaf pan.
6.Bake for 55-60minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
7. Cool 15 minutes, then remove from pan to finish cooling on baking rack.
And one last treat that I am going bananas over lately..
Dairy Queen’s banana sundae!
What is your favorite way to have bananas?