I lucked out with a 4 day weekend this week. I always have Thursdays off and then all of my classes got cancelled on Friday, but I’m not complaining. :-)
A lot of you have been asking what I have been up to lately, so I figured other than just sharing the recipes and meals I’ve been making/eating, I’d share a few pictures of what’s been consuming my time lately.
- A lot of studying—with mid-terms next week things get pretty busy as in reading, reading, reading, and memorizing.
- Packing for spring break—I’m taking a trip out to Boston starting next weekend for a few days to visit family. Any blogger’s in the area?—shoot me an email!
- Reviewing ALOT of great products I can’t wait to share!
- Enjoying the outdoors—I’ve been doing a lot of snowmobiling and four wheeling.
- Hanging out with my main squeeze and flying in his airplane. We flew up North to my hometown last weekend which was a lot of fun.
- And of course I couldn’t have a post without a
newand sweet recipe right?! This cake is infused with a blend of aromatic spices, a fruit, AND a veggie! What a way to get five a day!!
Spiced Apple Carrot Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 8 inch square pan and set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, splenda or sugar, baking soda, baking powder, spices, cocoa, pepper, and salt. Whisk to combine, then stir in applesauce and eggbeaters. Stir in carrots and apples.
2. Pour into pan and bake until cakes pull away from pan sides and a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean, 25 minutes. Transfer cakes to cooling rack and let cool 10 minutes. Turn out onto rack and let cool completely.
3. Beat cream cheese, cool whip, and extract until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Gradually add powdered sugar and mix until combined.
4. Once cake is cool, cut in half and cut each half in half horizontally. Spread some frosting over it, then top with second layer. Generously frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Cut into 8 double-layer slices.
Anything new and exciting you’ve been up to?