((Countdown to Valentine’s Day-3 days))
The day for all things love--
hearts, teddy bears, flowers, diamonds,
and of course sweet treats!
Even if your not celebrating Valentine’s, use it as an excuse to whip up some fun holiday treats! I usually come up with cookies/baked goods/etc. around things that are on sale. That’s what I did with today’s treat!!
Who said cute and delicious goodies have to break the bank—not me!
- Cake mix= $0.84
- Valentine’s M&M’s= $2.69
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips= $1.79
TOTAL for 28 cookies=$5.32
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Sweeties
--Makes approximately 28 cookies--
- 1 box Pillsbury strawberry cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1 bag Valentine’s M&M’s
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pink granular sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Meanwhile, mix cake mix, 2 eggs and oil together thoroughly until mixed.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes—do not let edges brown.
- Let cool completely—1 hour.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in a double boiler on stove or in a microwave safe bowl for 2 min and stirring every 30 seconds to prevent burning.
- Carefully dip one half of each cookie into chocolate and shake of excess. Place on tinfoil and shake sprinkles if using. Then place 3 different colored M&M’s evenly across the chocolate coated side. Let cool completely—2 hours.
Side note: I dipped about 4 cookies at a time before adding sprinkles and M&Ms.
Stay tuned for another festive treat I created tomorrow!