I got another new addition to my growing pan collection—a mini cupcake/muffin pan. I have been looking for one lately, and scored one at Wal-Mart for under five bucks! I love my heart pans, donut pan, Bundt pans and various shaped cake pans. When I buy em’ I have no set plan of when I’ll use a certain one, but I always find a occasion! Do you have a favorite pan you use? If you are slightly obsessed with different pans, or just have some free time, head over here to look at a store that carries every pan under one roof! Pretty neat huh?!
Well today I am getting my cable hooked up finally. They were booked solid for two weeks supposedly, so I have been watching my share of DVD’s, more specifically all seasons of Full House—I just love that show. =) And unfortunately the streak of nice weather has left the area, rainy skies have been hanging out for the past 3 days, so of course I use it as a perfect excuse to stay in and bake! I had a realization that I am seriously lacking on cupcake recipes on the blog, yet I have tons of recipes to try. So I got out the mini-muffin pan and my trusted Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 Cookbook and began a cupcake bake day. (Btw, this book is my “recipe book of the month”, if you’d like to email me your fav cookbook for next month, I’d be thrilled!)
The cupcakes I chose to make are the Iced 'n Spiced Pumpkin Puddin' Cupcakes—if you’re against the hype on healthy cupcakes, this recipe may just change your mind. I am glad I made them in mini size because they are really satisfying with just a little bite. Plus you can have a couple instead of one big one! I also love recipes that are based on canned pure pumpkin because it is so cheap, and I love having leftovers to eat with random things! Not sure if these are something you want to bake? Maybe this picture will convince you otherwise!
Yes, these little gems even come with a cream cheese based frosting that tops the cake! (literally)
Iced ‘N Spiced Pumpkin Puddin’ Cupcakes
Adapted from Hungry Girl’s 200 Under 200 Recipes
- 2 c moist-style spice cake mix
- 1 c canned pure pumpkin
- 1/3 c liquid egg substitute or 2 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 c plus 1 tbsp Cool Whip Free, thawed
- 2 tbsp Splenda, or other granulated sugar substitute
- 2 tbsp FF cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tbsp canned pure pumpkin
- 1 tsp sugar-free fat-free vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the frosting ingredients, stirring until well mixed. Refrigerate until cupcakes are ready to be frosted.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the cupcake ingredients with 1/2 c of water. Mix until blended.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan (or a 24 c mini-muffin pan) with baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute cake mixture among the cups.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins, until a toothpick inserted the center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes completely, then evenly distribute frosting among the tops.
Let me know if you try these! Tomorrow’s Friday—ya!