Thanks for hangin’ in there to get the recipe for these marvelous Hungry Girl cupcakes—they were really unique because they blended so many berry flavors! Definitely a keeper for the summer months. I am headed home (to my original home that is) to take my dad to Seinfeld Live this Friday. I will be back here sometime Saturday, so blogging will resume either Saturday night or for sure Sunday morning—I may or may not still be floating around the blog world though—I can’t stay away for too long! :o) I hope you all have a super weekend; are you doing anything fun or just relaxing?!
Adapted from the first Hungry Girl cookbook
Makes 12 servings (or 44 mini cupcakes)
- One-half 8-ounce container Cool Whip Free
- 1/4 c fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp Splenda
- 1/2 tbsp sugar-free strawberry preserves
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 drop of neon pink food coloring
- 2 C moist-style white cake mix (1/2 of an 18.25 oz box)
- 1 cup diet black cherry soda
- 1/2 C egg whites (about 4)
- 6 medium strawberries, pureed (I used 1/4 pureed blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all frosting ingredients in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer at medium-low speed, blend for about 1 minute then chill frosting in the freezer for 20 minutes and then transfer to the fridge until ready to frost cupcakes.
- In a large bowl, stir to combine cake mix, soda and egg whites. And pureed strawberries and food coloring, and mix with electric mixer at medium-high speed until smooth. Evenly spoon batter in 12-cup muffin pan (or 24-cup mini-muffin pan) spritzed with nonstick cooking spray lined with baking cups.
- Place pan in the oven and bake 15-20 mins (until firm). Let cool completely before frosting. Once cool, remove cupcakes from the pan and evenly spread frosting over them.
- 113 calories
- 2g fat
- 197 mg sodium
- 21g carbs
- 0g fiber (boo!)
- 11g sugars
- 3g protein