Saturday, January 22, 2011

I’m From Minnesota eh.

image

Can someone please just whisk me away from the arctic tundra of a place..?

--------------------------------------

I don’t know about you, but I’m sure glad it’s finally the weekend. Not that I had a long week, being that it was cut a day short, but mostly for the fact that I can stay cuddled up inside till the temps warm up a bit instead of having to trek out in the wee hours of the frigid morning to class. Heck with snow days, I think someone needs to instill cold days into the university policy..eek!

I loved hearing about all of your favorite Progresso soup flavors. We all pretty much agreed that Progresso knows what they are doing in the soup department! Speaking of which, I suppose you’re wondering who one the fabulous Progresso prize pack?

Drum roll please…

image

We have a winner!

image

Jessica from The Novice Chef Blog! Great blog by the way—I love her sense of humor! So please send me your contact info and we will have all your goodies in the mail ASAP! :-)

---------------------------------------

No food fun today folks, I have quite a bit of homework I need to get a head start on. So instead, I did this Dialect Vlog I’ve been seeing floating around the blog world. It’s all about how everyone has different accents from all corners of the globe. Can you tell I am from northern Minnesota, eh? ;-) Have a great weekend all!

p.s. If you decide to do this, let me know—I’d love to tune in!

The Questions:

  1. What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
  2. What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
  3. What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
  4. What do you call gym shoes?
  5. What do you say to address a group of people?
  6. What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
  7. What do you call your grandparents?
  8. What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
  9. What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
  10. What is the thing you change the TV channel with?

The Words:

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

 

Do you say anything different than I do?!

15 comments:

Erica said...

oh my gosh- I'll stop complaining that its cold in SC :) Stay warm over there! This dialect vlog is so cute. I <3 your accent.

laurie said...

Your accent sounds familiar to me.

Hmmmm...could that be because I'm from Minnesota too?

You betcha!

That was a fun post!

love jenny xoxo said...

I call toilet papering "tping" but other than that, I think we say everything about the same. But I'm from Minnesota too :) I think the word "Minnesota" really show cases our accent because that's really the only time I noticed yours.

XOXO

Meri said...

Minnesoooota :)
I'm a fellow Minnesotan and think our accents might top them all!
Love your blog, can't wait to look around at the eats!
Meri
merigoesround.blogspot.com

Krista said...

HA! I think we talk pretty close! I think I will do this, too. We'll see how a Canadian stacks up in the accent department. LOL

Unknown said...

love the video post. love the accent. Minnesoooooota4life.

Katecooks said...

Your dialect vlog is really cute! I have lots of friends from MN and most have lost their accents but it slips out here and there and I love it!

Nicole, RD said...

Hey sweetie! Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog :) I wish I had more time to make read more on blogs, including yours, of course...but I just wanted to let you know that your comments always make my day :)

I LOVED your vlog! I use the same words as you for a lot of the questions...
1. What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house? -- TPing
2. What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball? -- rolley poley
3. What is the bubbly carbonated drink called? soda
4. What do you call gym shoes? gym shoes
5. What do you say to address a group of people? "Hey guys!"
6. What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs? Daddy long-leg
7. What do you call your grandparents? Grannie and Grandpa
8. What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket? shopping cart
9. What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining? I'm not sure what this even is! I guess sun showers or a rainbow?
10. What is the thing you change the TV channel with? remote!

Kim said...

Yikes! It's freezing cold there. Stay inside and stay warm.
Love the dialect vlog and your accent! Cute idea.

Tropical Eats said...

omg that vlog is AWESOME-- so sososososo fun :)

Hope it warms up ASAP! That is crazy cold!

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

Oh my goodness, so glad to meet ya! I'm from Ames, Iowa originally and spent many a time going up to Minnesota to shop and or vacation! Gosh, the accent thing that you're talking about is so TRUE! My kids are part Swedish (Svedish) and I just love talking in that dialect. I now live in South Carolina (a bit warmer, but still chilly this year) and always get this . . . "Where are you from with that accent?" HA!

Love your blog an sense of humor; now following along!

Christina said...

You are so pretty! I love your hair style! I want to do this!

Christina said...

I did it!!!!! http://www.dinneratchristinas.com/2011/02/dialect-vlog.html

Sue said...

Very cute idea/cute video:) I think the only thing in your "accent" that places you in Minnesota(for me) is the way you pronounce the "ow", "ou" sound:) I think I might also guess that you were from Wisconsin.
Your new header is cute!
Hope it warms up for you soon... Yesterday my little neighbor was playing in the sprinklers(sorry, I couldn't resist)!

Jessica said...

I emailed you about winning the giveaway but never heard back! Did you not get my email? :-)