I wish I was talking about this kind of Crunch time…
But instead, I am referring to this kind..
Well and this crunchy casserole….
but more that in a second.
Yesterday marked the last day of spring semester classes, finals week starts tomorrow, and that means I am just one week away from becoming a senior in college! Wow, I felt like I just said I was going to be a senior in high school last year—time flies is an understatement these days.
I also have an interview next Tuesday in Minneapolis at Macy’s for the Culinary Professional position which entails:
- Set up inviting Demo Cart displays, including recipes and food products
- Conduct gourmet foods and candy product knowledge seminars for the Foods Team members
- Produce and present freshly prepared products to customers, encouraging them to sample items while enthusiastically educating to guide customers in their buying decisions
- Assist with special events, including shopping and prepping for guest chefs, cookbook authors, and celebrities
So please keep your fingers crossed for me!
Now back to more crunch time!
I’m sure you remember in the last post I talked about two more recipes I’ve made to use up leftover holiday ham. Well here’s another coming at ya! This one is a really unique—a creamy ham and potato mix topped with a crunchy Corn Flakes mix. And what’s easier than a casserole? One pan to bake, one pan to clean—count me in!
Crunch Top Ham & Potato Casserole
- 1 c crushed Corn Flakes cereal
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle crushed topping evenly over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through.
What’s your favorite candy bar?
Mine has always been a tie between Crunch, Skors, and Heath!