Is everyone well on their way to preparing for Easter? I started doing a few odds and ends with cooking today. The recap menu will hopefully be up tomorrow night or Monday morning! I kicked off the weekend by going to a town indoor rummage sale that they held in the middle school—we thought getting there at 8 am sharp would score us some deals, but the place was so packed you could barley walk let alone look at anything. It was still something different to do though, and we did stop at another smaller one and left with a stovetop smoker for just 2 bucks! (Anyone know any good recipes/methods for using one?)
Anyways, just wanted to drop by and send some virtual Easter goodies your way, but they aren’t chocolate bunnies..I think you’ll like these better! =)
Macaroon Kiss Cookies
- 1/3 c. butter, softened
- 1 pkg. of cream cheese, softened (3 oz.)
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tsp. orange juice (or vanilla)
- 1 1/4 c. unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 5 c. (14 oz. pkg.) flaked coconut
- 54 Hershey's kisses, chocolate (9 oz. pkg.), unwrapped
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk, almond extract and orange juice; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to cream mixture. Stir in 3 cups of the coconut. Cover tightly; chill 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in remaining coconut. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven; immediately press unwrapped kiss on top of each cookie. Cool 1 minute.
- Carefully remove from cookie sheet; cool completely on wire rack. (About 4 1/2 dozen cookies.)
Have a great Easter!